Sunday, May 7, 2017

SSC152 Super Chicken & Blog Candy!

Hey y'all!  Time for another Sunday Stamps challenge.  Today Teresa Kline brings us a sketch challenge.

Hopefully a certain special "Super Chicken" will be too busy to look at my blog for a couple days, as this card is for her.  Ok, I'll tell you.  This is a Mother's Day card, using my mother's nickname from her Girl Scout leader's days.  I wonder how she got that name, hmmmm.

I rotated the sketch 90o, and I sponged the backside of the vellum with Crushed Curry ink.  The stitched square framelit is elongated by only cutting half way down the die, moving the die down a bit, and cutting in from the other direction half way.  I also used glue only on the backside of the vellum behind the super hero so it wouldn't show through.

How fun to change the head on the super hero body!  Give it a try!!  And P.S. Everyday Hero stamp set is retiring at the end of May, so make sure to grab yours (guaranteed to be in stock through May 22).

Here's this week's sketch.

Stamps: Everyday Hero, Hey, Chick; Paper: Real Red, Smoky Slate, Very Vanilla, Carried Away DSP, Vellum; Ink: Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Real Red, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Versamark; Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Aquapainter, Sponge, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Big Shot.

And BLOG CANDY!  I have another round to give away.  Please leave a comment here by Sunday, May 14 Wednesday May 17.  And join me on Facebook. I will be picking a random winner on Monday, May 15 Thursday, May 18.  Make sure you have your email linked to your commenting profile so I can contact you or stop by here to check for the winner.  U.S. residents only, please.

9 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

fun super hero chick card, darlin sky and city scape...great job! hope you have a wonderful week!

Annette Elliott said...

Just laughed so hard seeing your creation, Heidi! Super cute and your mom is sure to get a kick out of it too! :)

Christine said...

It is so much fun to create personalized cards......your super chicken card is precious and will surely be enjoyed!

Heather said...

Bwahahaha! Snort, bwahahaha! Hilarious, Heidi! Love it!

Monika Reeck said...

woooww you did so different with the sketch but I can still see the sketch COOOLLLL
I love this chick as super Hero hehe Super Chick and love the red strip there and the cute sentiment too
cool really cool this can be manly or boy card
I wish I win your blog candy hehe
hugs from teamie
and see you around Heidi
Monika

Monika Reeck said...

Oh sad I am living in Germany :( ok then not pick my name Heidi :(

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely adorable card...just love it.

Billie A said...

Darling cute card. Great image and layout.

Claire Broadwater said...

Heidi, this is so fun! I love your card! So special for your Mom! The city image is just perfect for the background! Hope you have a great weekend! XX